Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dragon Tattoo

I finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, this morning around 3:30. It was impossible to put down. There comes a point with every mystery novel, if it is well written, that you reach a point in the story in which you must continue. Aided by a cozy nest of blankets, rain pelting the windows, and curiosity I simply had to read. There was a line that spoke to me as particularly clever and absurd. On page 471, "Yes," Blomkvist said without hesitation, "Martin was dafter than a syphilitic polecat--where do I get these metaphors from?" The author of course, Mr. Blomkvist. After recently reading Steven King, who blatantly wrote himself into the story line, it is nice to see a line which alludes to the author. I'm sure Larsson found the line preposterous, but it probably refused to leave his mind. I'm waiting to read the next book after I finish the stack I have collected from the library. Even when I am ready for it, I will probably resist because there will be no more novels coming from this literary genius who passed too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment